Tuar Ard as a Church
The beautiful Tuar Ard building began life as the Catholic Parish Chapel or Mass house of penal times about the year 1770.
Tuar Ard as a School
In 1871 this building became Moate No.2 Male National School.
Tuar Ard as a Parish Hall
In 1937, the Old Schoolhouse was converted into a community facility and renamed St. Patricks Hall and was used as a venue for different activities from the 1940’s to the 1990’s.
Tuar Ard being developed in the 1990’s
Moate Community Development Association was formed in 1994 with a view to renovating St. Patrick’s Hall. The early plan was to develop a theatre, art gallery, craft centre with incubation units, coffee shop and a resource centre. This development spanned a six year period and evolved into a much bigger project than originally anticipated. Finally on October 17th 2000, Tuar Ard Arts / Enterprise Centre and Coffee Shop was officially opened by her Excellency, President Mary Mc Aleese.
Tuar Ard and the facilities and amenities it offers now.
Theatre, Art Gallery, Coffee Shop, Art/Enterprise Units and Conference Centre.