Open Call | Visual Arts Programme 2020, Tuar Ard Arts Centre
Tuar Ard Arts Centre welcomes enquiries and applications from artists who would be interested in participating in our 2020 Visual Arts programme by displaying an exhibition of their work in the Centre’s Bob Traynor Gallery. As a community based arts centre, we strive to be accessible and welcoming to artists of all levels and styles, and to provide the opportunity for local, regional, and national artists to exhibit their work to a public audience. We offer complimentary exhibition slots throughout the year which highlight and promote the work of a wide range of visual artists.
Artists can apply by sending an exhibition description (no more than 500 words), and up to 10 images of their visual works to email@example.com. Artists are asked to consider in their proposal a potential outreach aspect of their work which could be explored, such as an associated workshop, talk, performance or event. Any further enquiries about the Bob Traynor Gallery and the Tuar Ard Visual Arts Programme can also be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TUAR ARD ART EXHIBITION POLICY
Each picture will need to have an eye-hook positioned one inch from the top-of-the-frame, with title and price.
- The Title of the Exhibition.
- Launch Date
- Finish Date
- Who will launch the Exhibition and at what time.
- Background info / blurb about Artist & Exhibition, and exhibits to date.
Artist responsible for Mailing List / Posters / Cataloguing and Refreshments.
Delivery and collection
- Exhibitions should be delivered to the venue by the exhibitor.
- Exhibitions should be collected by the exhibitor.
- Exhibitors should make suitable arrangements with the venue prior to collection.
- All exhibits must be insured by the exhibitor/s as they are not insured by the gallery. Tuar Ard will not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to paintings.
- The exhibitor must supply publicity images and information, at least four weeks before the opening date, for the gallery to produce a poster and contact relevant outlets. The exhibitor to look after his/her own publicity in conjunction with venue.
- If the exhibitor wishes to have a private view, this must be arranged in advance with the gallery (by appointment only)
- Hanging is carried out by artist. Exhibitors must make staff aware of any specific hanging/display requirements or requests, which will be acted upon at our discretion. Hanging of exhibition to take place during working hours.